Advanced asset management tools & in-depth analysis for all parts of the water asset cycle
Managing water resources efficiently is critical for towns, cities and communities all over the world.
WATER ASSET MANAGEMENT EXPERTISE
Opus plays a key role in supporting those who manage water supply and treatment plants, to manage them effectively for the benefit of everyone who depends on them.
Many of our water asset management projects have been recognised nationally and internationally. We have presented papers at conferences and various publications and manuals have featured our work as case studies.
We are committed to the industry and have built an excellent reputation. We are active promoters of best practice in the water management sector and sit on industry boards and forums, and have a strong profile at water resource management conferences.
We offer a full range of disciplines to support water asset management, including:
- 30–year planning – and consultation for infrastructure assets
- Policy advice – rationalisation of business structures, district and regional plan input, and structure plan input.
- Levels of service – setting and monitoring KPIs, benchmarking and gap analysis.
- Compliance - programming, monitoring drinking, waste and stormwater, reporting.
- Non asset solutions – demand management and forecasting, leak detection, inflow and infiltration, water conservation and reuse.
- Asset and operational performance – treatment plant performance, maintenance planning, skill gap assessment, manuals and SOPs.
- Resilience planning and emergency preparedness – CCTV, condition assessment, testing, reporting and management, extending asset life, pipe refurbishment, pressure management.
- Financial – valuation, tariffs, development contributions, programming and funding.
- Asset data – asset management systems, data management system operation, GIS.
- Procurement – procurement strategies and contracts, contractor and supplier management, performance contracts, customer service reviews, establishing customer care, and subsidy applications.
- Modelling – water, wastewater and stormwater.
- Documents – asset and activity plans, standards, codes and specifications.
- Environmental management – biosolids and sludge management, trade waste management and bylaws, carbon and water footprints.