We work to support global maritime & marine infrastructure
Ports are a key component of export and trade infrastructure – we work with port operators to help them make the most of their facilities.
MARITIME ENGINEERING EXPERTISE
Opus designs and delivers port infrastructure projects. We help port operators to plan for port expansion, devise reclamation schemes, design new port facilities, inspect and manage existing marine structures, refurbish and reconfigure wharves, design heavy duty pavements, provide port valuations and advise on associated infrastructure.
Our clients include port companies, local authorities and private companies with marine infrastructure, construction contractors, project managers and other professional advisors. Our port designers and freight logistics specialists collaborate with our clients, operations personnel and project managers to deliver projects on time, on budget and to the highest standard.
We have a strong reputation for reliable, cost effective and workable project outcomes through our in-depth operational experience; practical knowledge of deterioration and decay in timber and concrete; and personal engagement with academic leaders in the field of seismic analysis and the design of marine assets including wharves and reclamations.
We take a whole of life approach to integrated asset management and work closely with our clients at every step. Our experience working with port operators has given us an excellent understanding of how ports function and their role in the logistics chain. This helps us to ask the right questions at the right time, to spot gaps and challenge assumptions.
Our services include:
- Strategic project and technical advice
- Port standards development
- Operational advice and analysis
- Freight logistics and planning
- Maritime project and engineering management
- Maritime infrastructure design (ports, jetties, pontoons)
- Land side infrastructure (hardstand, marshalling, buildings and road access)
- Geotechnical and environmental services
- Land and statutory planning
- Procurement and contract management
- Port asset condition assessment and management
- Asset valuations and insurance assessments