Opus provides integrated solutions for a diverse array of urban planning and design challenges
Our team working in landscape architecture and urban design respond to the increasing interest in how transportation infrastructure integrates into its environment – how it connects communities as well as how it looks.
LANDSCAPE AND URBAN DESIGN EXPERTISE
Transport integration is a large aspect of our work in this space; we also deliver projects designed to make towns and cities more efficient, resilient and liveable.
Our design-led approach helps streetscapes and places to function as both corridors and places where people want to linger. We work with government, contractors, private, commercial and retail developers, and transportation authorities.
Our specialists come from a range of technical backgrounds including:
- Urban and transportation planning and design
- Architecture and landscape architecture
- Environmental engineering – water sensitive/low impact urban design
- Heritage and archaeology
- Cultural assessment and related design
Our landscape architecture and urban design services include:
- Assessment and research – urban design, microclimate, environmental and visual impact including wind tunnels and acoustic.
- Planning and design – spatial, structure, land use, landscape, place-making, subdivision for a range of transport modes, urban planning, regeneration and redevelopment, collaborative design and public consultation, transportation planning and design, low impact urban, crime and injury prevention through environmental design (CPTED and IPTED), place based planning, conceptual or detailed design and delivery of public spaces and streetscapes.
- Consultancy – design guidelines, standards and frameworks, and travel demand management.